Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A challenging week...

For those following my fragrance-saga, I did get moved to a new work location. It was like moving into an economy apartment, but it's settled and has become quite comfortable (with lots of plants). I've not had any more episodes of sabotage, either. I still have smaller 'events' to deal with when some specific people walk by, but the overall improvements have allowed me to endure them with effects that seem to pass more quickly (and none have lasted more than 12-24 hours - a far cry from the 2-3 days it was before).

No. The challenges are not with my immediate work area except for two factors that I was not expecting.

First: This week has a training conference going on inside the building. New people, new people touring all work areas... and you guessed it - NEW PERFUMES. Wow. Once they quit touring the people, things returned to closer to normal with only the occasional wafts from the conference rooms (which are located directly below our department - yes, it can come through the floors).

Second: Do you know what happens when it's in the 90's outside, and the building's air-conditioning has been down since early spring? And they said it would be fixed by July 10th? And the last report said fixed "at the very least" by Wednesday July 22? [Isn't that today????] Yup. You guessed it: People wear more stinky stuff to keep from getting stinky... I took this picture of the thermometer I've hung up in my work area...



Need I say more?
--------------------
Wouldn't it be funny if they decided to do the air-testing this week?
--------------------
;)

Addition: I found this picture in my 'caption this' cache... I think it embodies my mental capacity when trying to do computer work at 90-degrees. [Let me know if you might agree.]

4 comments:

Mrs. Squirrel said...

Some coworker friends and I were laughing last night that: "We'd know when they got the AC fixed when everyone put their sweaters back on."

This morning, it appears that they did get it fixed last night... and I'm contemplating the need to put on a hat (because the cold blowing down from above me is making my head throb).

...and yes, I've eyed my sweater already, too. A 20-degree drop is a little shocking to a system that doesn't handle fast temperature changes.

I guess we'll have to see what the temperature is like inside when we near the 100-degree mark outside.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Yay! I'm glad you got moved :0) Hope that is an improvement, overall.

I don't do well in heat... unless I am jumping in the lake.

And, would you believe, I once had a cat that slept kind of like that? He would lay on his back, with his hind legs going one direction and his front legs twisted over to the other side, all stretched out.

We called him "Schroeder", (after the Peanuts character) because he had an unusual habit. If we forgot to close the piano he would walk on the keys at night. Must've liked the sound, I guess.

Enjoy your weekend :0)

Julie

Unknown said...

' Hang in there" should be appropriate for this image, don't you think? :D

Mrs. Squirrel said...

It does, Seasprite!

Welcome to my messy nest!