Monday, May 18, 2009

Prayer Request...

I'm so glad that I tend to read the 'captions' posts for new additions before doing anything else. Thanks for the smiles! I needed them more than I realized.

Today, I'm touching base for a selfish prayer request. I've had some very challenging fragrance events since my appointment with the neurologist. From people just being clueless to some testing to see if my reactions are real and not being faked. [So kind.] Anyway, the letter from the neurologist is within 48 hours of being in my hands and I need prayer for God's peace in this.

Selfishly, I would ask that the unauthorized work I did last Friday will not get me fired. I was forced to abandon my work area, so with the help of a tech-guy (the one, by the way, who is deathly allergic to fragrances), we were able to successfully test my new netbook against the internal network system. The result: I can remote into my own work area from his office - a pretty much guaranteed safe place - and by using my own machine.]

Selfishly, I would also ask for courage to face that letter for what it will say (I'm planning on letting Hubby read it first as a comfort-support move), and for what it will do to my work situation once it's in the hands of the office powers-that-be. With the number of "abandon ship" events I've had at my office recently, I pray that the letter will say enough to have it taken seriously, but not so much that it will lose me my job. I have been reassured that the odds are in my favor that things will be just fine, but I've been chicken-to-the-bone whenever confrontation is required. I tend to hide it well, but this is a whole new ball-game and I'm so ill-equipped.

I do take comfort that I know God and that His plans are perfectly set up and executed - even if I cannot understand.

Thanks for listening.
-----------------------
Godspeed & God bless

Update 5/18: 5:45pm - First prayer answered! God is good! [Happy Dance]

I found the letter in the post office box. It is only a single page, but is quite straightforward and detailed enough that it should get the attention it deserves. I will be scanning the letter (because I'm not giving them my original - nope, nope, nope) and making a hard copy to give to the people at my office. From there, it's again up to trusting that God will make things happen as he wills.

Thanks for the continued good thoughts and prayers! I will add a post when there is something decided at my office.

Hugs!

Update 5/19: 9pm -

Well, I don't know if it's good or bad, but this adventure is veering into realms I never imagined it would go. I delivered the letter early this morning to my supervisor and in minutes he forwarded it to the front office. The rest of the day was spent in a complete information blackout. However, 10 minutes before I left the office, I finally get word. They are treating this as a workman's comp claim. So, I've spent my evening filling out an "Accident Report" for my migraines. [Creative writing 101?] At least I have a number of people who are willing to be my "witnesses to the accident" that the report demands.

I am absolutely flabbergasted that discourtesy can go this far... and father, I presume. It's really a sad commentary on people. At least the report is completed and I'll turn it in tomorrow morning. Who knows what will happen from there. Wednesday is my last work day for this week as I'm taking Thursday and Friday off (my first vacation time since New Year's). I don't know if anything will happen tomorrow, but perhaps something after the holiday.

I'll update this post or start a new one when I have more to share.

2 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

What an epic!

And it's all so ridiculous! (That's NOT meant as criticism of YOU.)

Good grief, if a kid is allergic to peanuts he gets to sit at the "legume-free" table in the cafeteria, and doesn't get treated like he's done something wrong.

Why is this so difficult for the workplace to "get"?

Praying for you,

Julie

Mrs. Squirrel said...

Thanks very much for the support. I don't think things are going to improve any time soon.

[I'll be starting a new post to chronicle the onslaught. Sheesh.]