Monday, June 8, 2009

Going to try something new...

I'd like to try something new. I've recently been re-charged with my love of movies and movie making. [I love to watch the "extra stuff" and commentaries almost as much as I love the movies themselves! As a kid, I always thought it would be so fun to be an 'extra' in a movie, too!]

Just this past weekend, I was THRILLED to find out that a childhood friend, who was like a second older sister (i.e. "adopted" home-town families that grew up together), has the opportunity to work with Weta Workshop in New Zealand! If I wasn't such a chicken-heart, I'd be really jealous - instead I'm cheering for her! Yea! Woo Hoo! Congratulations! [I've been amazed by her artistic & sculpting gifts & talents since we were kids, and I believe she is fully capable of knocking their socks off!]

Because I don't have any more specific details, and I want to be careful & respectful, I won't share more than that for now. It is my hope that our families will continue to share information that will allow us to follow her new adventures. Perhaps opportunities will present themselves so I can share more of them here, too!

This refreshing energy boost has encouraged a thought that I had a number of weeks ago. We have many movies in our home collection. Sometimes I pick one I've not seen for a long time 'just because' and I suddenly realize - Wow! This is a REALLY good movie. Those are movies that I'd like to share in this blog as a movie-post of some sort. I don't know quite what forms it will take (reviews, recommendations, warnings, 'did you know', etc.), but I ultimately hope that it might be another fun distraction for this blog.

Now I just need to find the time...
----------------------------------
Godspeed & God bless

No comments: