Monday, August 3, 2009

Prayer Request... Thanks

Original Post - 7/31/09:

This is just a quick prayer request. With all the perfume issues going on recently, I'm heading into a potential "lion's den" of my own.

Tonight and part of tomorrow, I will be participating in Mr. Squirrel's 25-year High School Reunion. It should be fun, but I have some apprehensions about the fragrance levels. I've already mentally prepared for it by reducing my emotional investment in the fear and dread - (practicing Cognitive Behavioral Therapy can be a wonderful thing) and I'll have my stuff (mask/meds) with me to deal with anything that might crop up. However, I'd just like the event to have more fun than apprehension.

If you could pray for God's sustaining hand and mercy to be upon the event, I would be grateful. Thanks.
-------------------------------

Update 8/3/09 -

Many thanks for the prayers! I survived the weekend with only a few annoying side effects hanging on during the recovery (including something akin to the effects of hayfever).

The reunion was well attended (50+ people) and I only had half-dozen people who I had to avoid or use strong caution around (only one was male). Unfortunately, the good-bye hugs Saturday night ended up being my greatest challenge. With a long drive to get home afterward, I had to "wear" all those scents until I could get into a shower. [I tried an alcohol wash in the car, but it only went so far as it was in my clothing by default.]

I am very pleased to say that the office-move has officially shown it's worth in the improvement in my ability to endure encounters. I can last longer during exposures, but more importantly the after effects are not so debilitating (so far). I did have fairly strong headaches each morning after gatherings (who needs alcohol to experience hangovers), but I only had one strong dizzy spell after the initial "introduction" hugs. I did have some minor dizziness on Sunday, too, but I'm hoping the 'after-shocks' will not be long lasting. [Not all migraine effects happen at the time of the exposure. Sometimes it likes to pounce on me long after the event... when I let my guard down.]

It was a pleasure to meet some of Mr. Squirrel's friends and the event turned out to be a very good experience overall. Thanks again!

God Bless & God speed

No comments: