Monday, April 5, 2010

20-degree mornings and a little depression...

... both just make me want to find someplace warm. Cuddling up with warm towels fresh from the dryer is a guilty pleasure of mine, but it doesn't make for a nice photo. However, there are other heat sources that can bring a cozy feeling in the heart and soul. This is a picture I took with the new camera's zoom-lens of a burn pile that we cleaned up a couple of weeks ago. That morning was a frosty one and the warm of it felt soooooooooo good ;)

It just cries out for marshmallows... doesn't it?

------------------------------------------------------------

4 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

What is it with winter finally coming... in April?

It's cold here too. I grew up with a wood stove, and I sure miss that kind of heat!

Mmmmmm, marshmallows... and graham crackers and a hershey bar...

Remember, "stressed" spelled backwards is "desserts" :D

Mrs. Squirrel said...

LOL - It sure does :D

I guess the key is "everything in moderation". Too many desserts can be just as bad as too much stress!

... but a little of each can be a good thing!

Hmmmmm ... I love smores! Been ages since I've had one. Happy memories :)

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Happy memories... sticky memories! With three boys, very sticky memories!

Mrs. Squirrel said...

LOL - I can imagine!

...I can also imagine that there will be opportunities for MORE sticky memories for a while yet. :D

You are an inspiration to me!
Hugs!