Wednesday, July 7, 2010

...Good news, GREAT news...

Is today Christmas? THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS! Today has been a gift!

Not only did we get DSL in our home (for the first time – ever!), but I received a very important phone call. My training proposal has been reviewed and has been accepted! I will be meeting with them next Tuesday to officially “enroll” in the government program that will allow me to get enrolled in Vocational School.

Also, and with equal excitement, they may allow me to ‘upgrade’ my proposal to a more valuable package. When I submitted my training proposal, I was only shooting for a degree in Medical Transcription. However, during the down-time (i.e. the month of June), I sifted through the training documentation that I’d gathered and had several conversations with my enrollment advisor. It was my idea, but he agreed that with the job market opportunities as well as the continuing advancements in voice recognition technology, it would be a smart move to upgrade my choice to the field of Medical Transcription Editor. [This is actually training for two fields at the same time: Transcription and Editing.]

When I talked to the Job Service representative today, I mentioned to her my ‘upgrade’ decision (and why) and that I expected to pay for the upgrade by my own means. [After all, the proposal was already submitted and accepted ‘as is’.] She then asked me about the differences in cost (about $500) and commented on the enhancement of employment potential. Without promises, she told me that she would submit the new cost at an evaluation meeting being held next Wednesday (with documentation that I will put together). They very well might pad the assistance to cover the extra cost (or part of it)!

I promise to let you know what happens next!

P.S. The day was also gifted in that I was able to quickly find my diplomas, birth certificate and some other documentation that is required for the meeting on Tuesday. Whew! That was almost a panic to be sure!

Thanks for listening :)
----------------------------------

God Bless & Godspeed

1 comment:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oh that is good news!

Julie