Wednesday, July 14, 2010

...Great news, SPECTACULAR news...

Where to begin... except to say that God is so good! And in ALL THINGS... no matter what my weak faith might have me believing during the process (especially during the holding-patterns)... His timing is perfect!

And more of my heartfelt thanks for your prayers!

The meeting on Tuesday went great. It was basically to fill out the official paperwork for the Training Program because the deal was considered to be "done" when my original proposal was accepted by the committee. During the paper-shuffle, I found out that when my proposal was accepted, the committed authorized 100% cost coverage. So at that point, there was no question that the lion's share of the fees would be paid by the Training Program - for which I was profoundly grateful and felt almost shy about asking if they might cover the upgrade, too.

My representative gave the extra cost figures to the committee this morning, and I found out this afternoon that the additional cost for the upgrade ($500) has also been authorized!

I talked to the enrollment advisor and he will contact me when the financing has been finalized so we can complete the enrollment process. That should happen by the end of this week. So, very soon, I'll be enrolled as a student of Career Step, LLC and beginning the journey towards becoming a Medical Transcription Editor!

I won't have to continue looking for work but I will still have to continue reporting every two weeks to both the Unemployment people and to the Training Program Committee. Everyone wants to make sure that they are spending their money (i.e. tax payer's money) wisely and that I'm not goofing off. [Fortunately, I love accountability and I have no problems with their watchful 'eyes'.]

Wow! I'm so excited that I almost feel nervous!

I do have some preparations to keep me busy, though. With the "hurry up and wait" suddenly changing to "hurry up and hurry", I'm focusing on finalizing the set-up of my at-home work area so that it will be ready when the materials arrive. Oddly enough (not really), I've decided to change my birthday present request from some select DVDs to a large bookcase. ;)

----------------------------------------
God Bless & Godspeed

No comments: