Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Sunday musing...

Having already shared the "big news" with my last post, I thought today would be a good day just to ponder on some things.

1. Can you believe that today is the 1st day of May? I'm so amazed at how fast time is just skimming right along (like a freight-train). I guess being completely absorbed in school has not helped my perspective, because my days are simply blurring together. Any day not spent in school... is Sunday. [The mental picture of my calendar only has two days per week: One day is Sunday... and the other is a really long school day.]

I should also mention that it did try to snow here yesterday, so the mental awareness of the passage of time via the weather is faulty at best... at least this year, anyway. Things sure are getting green though! [Hmmm. I hope it stops snowing long enough to mow! LOL - Now THERE is a mental image!]

2. Speaking of school, I completed another module yesterday. [A nice victory.] The assessment exam on this module is still pending as I didn't want to take the exam when I was tired. I was also unsure if I wanted to take the exam today, or simply put it off to do first thing Monday morning. This is more likely the choice I'll make as I tend to leave Sundays as my "only day off." Besides, with the school extension, I can afford to relax just a little bit... once in a while. ;)

3. This coming week is going to be a busy one. Not only with school, but this is the last of our time to get the church cleaning completed prior to the community concert on the 7th. There are also a few other elements that will be need to be completed, too, as we are in midst of changing the name of our church. We have been thinking about doing this for many years, and just this spring things have been coming together that said "now is the time." [I will detail this action in a future post.] We want to have fliers available at the concert announcing our changes and when the official switch-over date will occur. [Ultimately, this will be our best opportunity to have contact with people who would not set foot in a church except for a non-church community event such as this.]

4. With this flurry of activity, I'm guessing that the final furniture arrangements in our living room will have to be put off for another week or so. That's okay, though. Everything is functional right now, so it isn't something that needs to be done right away.

Well, that is pretty much everything that is on my mind this morning that might be worth sharing. I'm going to start puttering on some domestic tasks and enjoying the day.

Thanks for sharing my Sunday morning!

[Photo source: Clker.com free public domain clip art.]

-----------------------------

Godbless & Godspeed

No comments: