Thursday, April 28, 2011

Not waiting for the weekend... school praise!

HAPPY DANCE - HAPPY DANCE

My program committee met yesterday morning and my extension has been approved!! Also, they have funds available to cover the $200 cost. Yippee!!!

This will allow for breathing room so I won't be tempted to rush into "bad grades" because of cramming at the end. My biggest concern has been the timing of the Final Exam. If my speeds do not improve (or the reports get longer), or if I have some other sort of interruption (family emergency, illness, etc.), my completion dates will get pushed right up to the finish-line. The structure of the Final Exam is a 48-hour window given to complete an ‘objective’ portion and a ‘practicum’ portion. Both of these are then graded by a human being, and I believe the average turnaround time is 1 week. Students also have 3 opportunities to get their best scores. So, should each of these attempts take a 1 week turnaround, then there would be a VERY REAL possibility that my course would expire somewhere in the middle of the exam process.

I'm still going to shoot for the July deadline, but now I have a safety net. I'm very grateful!

HAPPY-HAPPY-HAPPY

----------------------
Godbless & Godspeed!

No comments: