Sunday, April 24, 2011

Squirrel Days: 04/24/2011


Outside my window...
***There has been a lot of rain and wind... and yes, more snow. However, the general temperatures are getting warmer (at least in the afternoons). Every morning has been frosty and cold. One such morning, yesterday as a matter of fact, the frosty morning combined with the first rays of the sun made for a spectacular star-scape in the yard. (See photos below.)

From the classroom...
***This week I received an email from the school with the proverbial: "You have 90 days before your course expires... Do you want an extension? We now have a sale on extensions if you act before the 29th." This not only depressed me, but it suddenly made me ask several questions: 1.) What is my responsibility to the Job Service program if I don't complete by July 15th? 2.) Is there a possibility of getting assistance with the extension, if I need one? 3.)Do I really need an extension?

All of these questions will be brought up with my contact so I can get her take on the situation. If I can keep pushing the efforts, I SHOULD be able to complete the program by the deadline. I also have the option to purchase another extension at any time, it just won't be on sale. So, for the time being, this will be up in the air.

Stewardship or projects...
***Cleaning at the church has begun. It is so large that it cannot be done in one day. [I don't often think about how much carpet there is in a church!] However, I did get the entire main floor vacuumed and ready for Resurrection Sunday (one of my victories). The lower floor and final run-through will have to be done before the community concert on the 7th.

Personal victories...
1.) The main floor of the church has been cleaned in time for Sunday's services.
2.) This week, Mr. Squirrel decided to revamp his office to add table space for his studies. This meant removing the computer-center. Hand-in-hand, this meant that he wanted my table-desk in exchange for the computer-center. Ultimately, this led to the entire rearrangement of our living room, my office and his office. This will take some time to complete, but the change is good. Both of our work areas will be more efficient for our needs, and the living room will get a nice do-over that should give us more entertainment space & seating.
3.) Although my exercise was not as structured this week, vacuuming a church and rearranging furniture made for enough exhausting exercise that I'm not going to fuss over the in-betweens. We got a lot done this week!

What I am doing as Fun-time...
1.) Reading: Book #4 "The Shadow Rising" of Robert Jordan's "The Wheel of Time" series.
2.) Not much time for anything else with all of the cleaning/rearranging going on.

Thought(s) on my mind...
*** I've got WAY too much going on right now. Everything suffers when the obligation-plate is this full.

Counting blessings...
1.) The church sanctuary will be clean for Resurrection Sunday.
2.) I am thankful that I have a savior, Christ Jesus, who willingly paid what He did not owe to cover that which I could not (and cannot) pay.
3.) Mr. Squirrel and I have essentially new offices in which to do our studies.

A picture I would like to share...
***Saturday morning: There are times you just have to scramble for the camera. Our frosty front yard started to melt after the sun crested the mountain top. In very short-order, the grasses were alight with a galaxy of diamonds and stars in every color.

[Click on the photos to see larger versions.]


[I'm almost sorry I didn't take me and my slippers outside to get closer/clearer shots... and to avoid the winter-hazed windows.]


[By the way, there are no filters or special settings for these. I think the stars are an accidental effect of zoom-shooting through the windows.]


Photo source: Me
---------------

2 comments:

The Hibbard Family said...

Those pictures are awesome!

And, I'm jealous of the rearranging. I love to rearrange - might have to do that myself soon. :-)

~Ann

Mrs. Squirrel said...

Thanks!

We have done some minor stuff, but nothing to this extent. Mr. Squirrel even laughed and said, "Sometimes you just need a new house!"

[Although everything is now "functional", we still have to "finish" getting it settled!]
-Janet