Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Sunday musing...

I forget sometimes how relaxing "active creativity" can be. I have invested better than an hour of relaxation this morning towards spiffing up my blog's appearance, and changing the theme to something more in keeping with my hopes of spring. [Especially since it snowed rather heavily during the night.]

I'm ready for spring. I'm ready for an infusion of 'new life' into my spirit.

Boiled down to the tar: I WANT TO PLAY. [Creativity is play, too!] I want to add some fun back into my day-to-day. I've worked so hard that I really need... something. What that is... I don't know yet.

Here is my musing: Since school commands 6 of the 7 days allowed in our week, perhaps on Sundays I can invest in a little blog-time. Little thoughts or windows into what is going on in my life, or thoughts of 'something fun' that might be brushing the fringes of my brain. I do have to keep in mind that Sunday is actually a school day, too. It is just the only school day that doesn't require a progress report every two weeks. [Church is still school, particularly with a digging-into-the-Word church like we have. Meat for the hungry.]

So, I'll have to allow my brain to muse on little things I can do to put some regular activity back into this blog. Perhaps some additional 'caption this' photos (if I happen to come across some) or movie reviews. Right now I'll keep it simple and see what happens. I would also love to learn more about modifying the blog templates and using my own pictures as backgrounds.

If you have ideas of things you would like to see, please let me know!

5 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Hey Mrs. Squirrel,

Glad you're back - you've been busy, studying. Feeling better?

To answer your question (from my blog), the Monday post that I do was originally called "Simple Woman's Daybook" and was/is hosted here:
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

Oddly, though, the woman hosting it quit participating several months ago, and just functioned as a site to link with other participants. I just found that... well... odd, and since my purpose was for reflection (rather than driving up blog traffic) I quit linking.

I've heard she's posting again, but only see the "mr. linky" at her site, so not sure.

Her questions changed and varied over time, so I work from this list not necessarily answering all of them each week, but whatever suits me at the time. It's been a good and fun discipline for me.

Loooooong comment, yah?

I'll leave the questions next, as blogger may not allow it all in one comment.

Julie

Herding Grasshoppers said...

FOR TODAY
Outside My Window...
I am thinking...
I am thankful for...
I am praying for…
I am wearing...
I am creating...
I am going...
I am reading...
I am hoping...
I am hearing...
I am remembering…
From the learning rooms...
From the kitchen...
Around the house...
On my mind…
Noticing that…
Pondering these words…
One of my favorite things...
A few plans for the rest of the week:
Here is a picture I am sharing...

Hope that helps :D

Mrs. Squirrel said...

Thank you very much! That gives me a lot of things to work with!

And in general, yes, I've been feeling pretty good. Even with the throat thing I still feel fine. (It's more annoying than anything.) As to the migraine issues, I've not had any significant dizziness since Christmas' family gatherings and overnight stays. I've not even touched my mask in a good 6 months or so! [Although I do carry one in my purse... just in case.]

All in all, things are pretty good.

Now, if the employment side of the issue would set itself right, we'll be right-as-rain :D

-J

The Hibbard Family said...

Hi Mrs. Squirrel! My husband has been interacting with Mr. Squirrel for some time. I just recently saw your comment on Julie's blog at Herding Grasshoppers and realized that you blog, too. So, I thought I'd stop by to say hi. I look forward to reading those future Sunday musings you muster up!

~Ann

Mrs. Squirrel said...

Hi Ann! Nice to meet you :)

Please feel free to stop by anytime!

P.S. That first post is almost ready. [I've been working on it in bits and pieces as I find time.]

-J