Monday, November 14, 2011

Praise & Thanksgiving

I am ecstatic to share that as of this evening I am EMPLOYED!!!!!

Officially I am subcontracted to Protype, Inc. based out of Denver, Colorado doing medical and surgical oncology transcription for Exempla Saint Joseph Hospital.

HAPPY DANCE!  w00t!

In addition to digging into the requirements of being self-employed, I now just have to get good enough (i.e. fast enough) to make getting paid by the line make money. It's going to be an 'indentured servant' haul for a while, but I will get there eventually.

My first work files will be sent to me tonight.... Fortunately, night delivered files aren't expected to be started until the morning, but they do have a 4-hour turnaround time and my files are due in before noon.

[Trust me, I will be getting up early tomorrow to pad my time a bit.]

Thank you so much for your prayers!

Hopefully, Mr. Squirrel's remaining portion of training (completed this coming Thursday) will allow him to start working, too!
---------------------------------------

God bless & Godspeed

5 comments:

Craig and Heather said...

So glad your prayers have been answered. This has been a long haul for you. Praising Him with you.

Craig and Heather

Mrs. Squirrel said...

Thanks very much!

I have been thinking about you two and wondering how you have been. I don't get into blogs much, but that doesn't mean I'm ignoring people :-)

God's blessing to you!
-J

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Hurray! good news for you! Thank God for His provision, and well done you for your diligence :D

Julie

Herding Grasshoppers said...

No posting lately... but SO GLAD you're working!

Julie

Mrs. Squirrel said...

Thanks much!

My old job had feast or famine work that varied over weeks or months. Transcription seems to go feast or famine over days... or hours!

I really don't know when I'll be needed or for how long. When I get breaks in the work (waiting for files or feedback) I tend to jump on little house tasks that allow me to keep checking for incoming files. [When you live in a house that looks like a closet, you ALWAYS have little tasks that need to be done!]

When I get a bit more caught up on house tasks, I should be able to start "musing" again!

Thanks for your continued encouragement!

-J