Thursday, September 10, 2009

A bit of inspiration...new blog photo

This might be a weird post entry, but I wanted to share it with you. [And it's a nice distraction from my migraine saturation of the past several weeks... future post(s) will be forthcoming at some point, I'm sure.]

When the world gets really chaotic (and it has been exceptional of late), I find doing something artistic can sometimes help set my mind back into some semblance of order and I can get my focus back. The easiest source of artistic play right now is working on blog photos.

I've wanted to put up something "new" so I have used spare moments to leisurely search for pictures. [Which can be relaxing in and of itself.] I have photos of winter that I'm not near ready to use, but I had no photos that might bring out the Fall colors that are rapidly approaching. And, as always, I was searching for more cute squirrel pictures to incorporate into my library of photos.

I managed to find two photos that just "spoke to me": 1.) A sleeping squirrel, and 2.) a photo that can only be described as a spray of God's fire trapped in the guise of maple leaves. [Many thanks to the individuals who took the photos and were willing to cast them into the internet... and my wishes that I could find their names to give them credit.]




The squirrel was actually going to become a "caption this photo" element, but this little critter needed something special that wouldn't disappear too quickly into the archive. [Something that I could reuse as many times as I wanted.] Looking at the picture, my heart wants to be where that squirrel is - safe, relaxed, utterly unconcerned with the world, perhaps even content. That's the way it should be in "your own nest". So, it was chosen to be a blog title photo, if I could just figure out how to display it. I did some experimentation with combining the photos and I found the simplest treatment to ultimately be the best. The result is the blog title photo that is now displayed.

It really makes me smile inside to look at it.
I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!

----------------------------------------
Godspeed & God Bless

2 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

BEAUTIFUL picture, very relaxing :0)

Hope the migraine situation improves,

Julie

Mrs. Squirrel said...

Thanks very much!

Actually, just last week, I was given a soap-bubble fragile rumor that I will share when it either busts or it actually comes true.

It comes from a reliable source but not an official one, so I'm not willing to put all my eggs into that basket. However, it seems the air testing was completed and the results are in... It appears that the company has a significant problem and (the fragile bubble) there will be a fragrance-free policy imposed.

The official representatives of State Fund (Workman's Comp)are supposed to be visiting this week to "discuss" things with the company.

I don't know if I'll hear any details of when the visit will happen, what the company is going to decide, etc... at least not until there is a company wide policy change added to the handbook.

Prayer and patients are the sustaining fuels right now.
;)