Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Can migraines generate paranoia?

I think I've become a raging paranoid.

For the moment, my run-away coach ride has just come to a screeching halt and I owe it to your prayers! Thank you!

God kept His hand on me and kept me from lurching around and He didn't need to cover my mouth except to perhaps close it when my jaw dropped from shock. The meeting had nothing to do with my case... except in the base association that I have actually have case that could be related to an office safety issue.

[Ya-know... a tiny little heads-up that it was for a brainstorm session about a possible new safety committee MIGHT HAVE BEEN NICE.]

When my supervisor came and got me, I was ready for just about anything. Now that it's over, I've got to ask: Does God chuckle at his children when they pack the kitchen sink for a picnic in the back yard? Or pack a howitzer to fend off the ants? I hope He does... because I sure feel stupid.

The meeting was just me and the Workman's Comp lady (who actually identified herself as a safety consultant, but she was the same one who was instructing on ergonomics and getting peoples' workstations better fitted to prevent injury). I was grateful that it was just the two of us, and it lightened the mood immediately. She also had no problems with me recording the meeting because of my migraine fog and my desire to remember the details. [It was also my first field test, so I'm glad it was not a huge deal... I'll still keep it though - good habit.] It was a very pleasant talk and it seems to be something that might be included into the category of "God's mysterious ways" again.

If this becomes a real thing, participation could be an avenue to get some education out to the 'general population' and perhaps even get some policy changes. Of course, that could suddenly be my little fantasy, but it is something to consider. So, I told her that I would be interested to see how this develops and she was pleased to see my interest. Only time will tell what will come of it.

Now that THAT 'crisis' is over, I still need to get ready for my doctor's appointment tomorrow. At least I can bring this up as an amusing anecdote. Wow. Why did they feel the need for such cloak & dagger? Such needless stress. Deliberate? Who knows? [Although next time, I will ask up front what the meeting topic is... that's for darn sure!]

Thanks again for the prayers and good thoughts! I'll hold some of them in reserve for tomorrow's appointment if that's OK. ;)
---------------------------------

God Bless & Godspeed

No comments: