Thursday, October 1, 2009

A little update...

I'm not sure exactly what this is going to add, but here goes:

Yesterday, I finally received my maintenance request to have some cardboard put over the ceiling vent that is located almost directly over my head. The intention is not to block the air completely, just to divert the air that floods into my work area. The slanted modification directs the air towards the wall and (intentionally) back towards some of the resident fragrance sources. Hopefully, this will not only help push fragrances away from me, it will allow for less infiltration into my work area. We'll have to see if it works. [Right now, I'd say that it has helped, but we've had mid-40's temperatures since the modification. When people are cold, they cover up. When they cover up, they also cover up a large percentage of the fragrances that they might share. A good thing.]

Although we get them about once per year, oddly enough, today the front office submitted a company wide notification asking people to be aware of fragrance sensitive people (without forcing anyone to do anything). I did not spur this notification, nor did my friend. [I quit asking for this notification to be shared over a year ago - it never helps.] However, my friend and I are very curious who made the request (a fellow sufferer could be a fellow team player), but we are also curious which 'fragrance source' prompted the request.

Most likely we will never find out...
------------------------------------

Godspeed & God bless

No comments: