Monday, October 5, 2009

Prayer request...

And I thought things might remain quiet until AFTER my neurologist appointment... "snort"... Fat chance.

How naive am I.

Things could be (scratch that, say they ARE) heading in a very stressful direction. As such, I am asking for prayer for God's will to be done - first and foremost. Secondly, I would ask for God's hand to be on my shoulder (or my head) to keep me steady and the other hand over my mouth so I don't say something that I shouldn't.

Last Friday morning, I received an email from the front office notifying me of a meeting that will be held sometime between 1 and 3 pm tomorrow - no details, meeting location TBA. The only provided information: A representative from Workman's Comp will be meeting with me... and the personnel officer... and my supervisor. The name given to me suggests that the WorkComp representative is their "occupational therapist". [She came through our office last winter for work-station 'adjustments' for those who were having back, neck or other issues.]

Personally, I find even the thought of this meeting to be extremely intimidating. Three against one is not good odds, especially with the animosity of the personnel officer and the apathy of the supervisor... and, of course, eight months of 'conditioned response'.

When I responded to the email, I was not shy in announcing that I will be available to attend, but I would be bringing either a tape recorder or my husband (if he is available) to the meeting. [My gut tells me that we've reached the point that everything needs to be documented via audio or visual - no exceptions.] As it turns out, Hubby cannot be there. [Which is OK, because he told me that he REALLY wants to tell these people what he thinks of them... and considering just how TICKED-OFF (my words, not his) he is at this whole situation - it might be best that he not be there. I will be able to call him afterwards, though for all appropriate comforting and basic information exchange.]

So, it will be just me, my recorder (digital)... and any support God sees fit to send with me. [A host of angels ready to do battle for me would be a very cool mental image to take with me.]

I must say that I do not find it a coincidence that this 'meeting' was arranged on such short notice, and that it falls on the day immediately BEFORE I meet with my neurologist. This may actually turn to my advantage. Although I can swiftly remember that they cannot fire me, nor can they force me to sign or agree to anything. But above that, at any point I can delay having to make any decision or commitments by simply telling them that I have not yet talked to my doctor and need to consult with her before making a decision.

It is completely true after all.

Thanks for listening & for any prayers or good thoughts you'd like to send my way. I don't know if I'll be able to update this blog tomorrow or not. It may have to wait until after my doctor's appointment. I will promise to let you know what comes of it.

-----------------------------------------

Godspeed & God bless

No comments: