Thursday, February 4, 2010

It's been a roller coaster...

Wednesday was really loaded with ups and downs. Those associated with Mr. Squirrel can be reviewed in the last post. But I thought I'd start a new post to deal with my own twists and turns.

In spite of the intense stress of the day, my neurologist appointment went really well. [And my blood pressure was much lower than I expected after such a stressful day! I guess chatting with the young family in the waiting room for almost 30 minutes did more good than I thought. I guess we both needed the distraction!]

The last time I saw my doctor was October, but I wrote a letter to her in December to alert her to yet another forced office move (#3). The move made me very apprehensive at the time, but over the last two months, 3 of the 6 people who were hired have left, and the area sharing my wall is currently vacant. [There were also two other strongly perfumed sources (from other departments) who decided to quit the company as well.] Truth be told, the move has ended up being a very good thing - that blessing in disguise. The better wall configuration and general positioning have done a lot to restrict air-flow and my fans keep the air in my "cave" circulating. I still keep my mask handy for 'wafts' and visitors (and any time I have to leave my shelter), but the duration of wearing it at my desk has been much less. [In the last area, I could wear the thing 4-8+ hours - every day. This new area has seen no more than 3 hours at a stretch, and I've even had a few days where it was not necessary to use at all. Hallelujah!]

One of the things I discussed with my doctor was the STILL absent reports from WorkComp about the fragrance-level testing done 7-months ago. She checked through her notes and there was documentation that her office had called the claim-girl and requested the report and test results. However, the claim-girl indicated at that time (12/15) that the reports and test results had been sent. Hmmmmm. Okaaaaaaaaay.

SENT TO WHOM? Certainly not to my doctor... as claim-girl insisted had to happen because only my doctor could interpret the results for me. My doctor suggested that they may have sent it back to my employer, and I might check with them.

I must confess that I told her that I consider the whole WorkComp thing to be a "leprous foot that simply needs to be chopped off". It is a constant source of distress that keeps erupting suddenly after months of complete silence. I am so tired of it and I want it to stop. I'm now torn about making any further inquiry at this point. I want it to end (if there is such a thing), but I still want to know the results.

Good or bad, I do have a "backdoor" pending, that might make it easier. My doctor gave me that prescription for an air purifier. When I get it ordered and it arrives, I can submit the serial numbers (medical equipment deserves some protection) and tell them why I have it... I can then mention that neither my doctor nor I have ever seen the test results... "Did you ever get them?"

But we'll have to see.

Now to share something FUN. Yes, FUN.

I also talked to my doctor about an idea I've been pondering to help me strengthen my balance. The Wii-Fit Plus system (according to what research I could muster) has an entire sub-routine that deals specifically with improving balance. If I can strengthen my sense of balance, it will be more able to 'catch me' when I experience dizziness. My doctor loved the idea! I also told her that it might be a way to get some FUN into my life. I hear the games are great exercise and are fun to play and I really need both of those things in my life... and it's even better if hubby can play, too! [We've saved up some gift cards and cash so I think we can afford it, now.]

So, that brings me up to date. I'll let you know what ultimately happens with the WorkComp thing if I actually choose to pursue it... and once we invest in the Wii-system, having something FUN to share could be a great outlet, too!

-----------------------------------
God Bless & Godspeed

1 comment:

Mrs. Squirrel said...

Wouldn't you know it...

As soon as I start actively looking for a Wii system... Everyone in the local community has the same idea!

There is not a system to be found and most places are a good month back-ordered.

I guess we'll just have to keep looking for those truck shipments and check back often.