Friday, May 14, 2010

...Not a dream, a prayer answered...

Yesterday was like Christmas! THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS!

I finally received my unemployment check (with all 10-weeks back-pay included). YIPPEE! [It's going to be such a good feeling to put some of that back into savings to replace the money we've had to take out!]

Furthermore, I have also received word from my former employer that they will grant me a letter that states that my end of employement was due to lack of work. This will allow for the next set of hoops to be opened for the training option. Admittedly, there are more hoops to jump through before I can pursue the training, but at least the WorkComp "blockage" delaying the unemployment has been removed.

Somewhat of a pitfall: It was my original understanding that going through the Job Service "program" would qualify me to get training while still drawing unemployment... and NOT have to look for full-time work at the same time. Now that I understand that the "program" is a financial aid opportunity and not actual enrollment into a training program, I am wondering what happens if I don't get the financial aid.

Big Question: Is the successful award of financial aid required before the "student" is relieved from having to continue to look for full-time work while still drawing unemployment?

Another Question: If I don't get the financial aid, and I still pursue the training (on my own), will I still have to look for full-time work in order to continue drawing unemployment?

So many questions... so many hoops. But forward progress has finally happened. That in itself is a huge victory! And, who knows, maybe God will allow that work-from-home job to come through...

...and then all these questions and hoops could be set aside as 'no longer relevent'.
----------------------------

God bless & Godspeed

No comments: