Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Prayers... for the first steps forward.

[deep breath]

First: I have the letter from my former employer that was required and I have submitted inquiry back to the Job Service: How do we proceed?

Second: I have new intentionally vague information on my work-from-home job contact that prompts me to ask for a specific prayer. His work (overseas) is nearly done. He has successfully helped in the capture of a group of individuals, but the mastermind is still at large. When that mastermind is apprehended, THEN my contact's contract is fulfilled and he can return to the U.S. Please add your prayers to mine that the mastermind is apprehended... and that my contact and his coworkers (and all of their families) are kept safe from harm.

Thank you.
-----------------------------------

God bless & Godspeed

2 comments:

Victoria said...

God bless you Mrs. Squirrel. I will continue to pray and do keep those updates coming.

Mrs. Squirrel said...

Thanks Victoria!

Currently, the only update is that I'm now going through "hoop #2" for the Job Service.

They are requiring that I submit a "training proposal" to their committee for determination of my eligibility for their "program".

So, per the document they sent to me and the VERY specific questions for which they want answers, I'm researching the school's financial information, etc.

Just this morning I was able to schedule a phone meeting with an enrollment advisor for Monday morning at 10am. He'll be able to give me the costs and figures that the Job Service requires.

Basically, the committee wants to know 1.) What shcool & training I want (as long as it is on their list) and the incremental costs. 2.) Why this training would benefit me and how it is suited to my background and interests (i.e. why I think they should help me).

I'm also required to contact three companies in the medical transcription field and ask A.) how many people they employ each year, and B.) the starting wages (i.e. is this a viable industry and can I hope to get a job out of it).

So many hoops.... so many hoops...

Hugs!