Sunday, October 30, 2011

Career Step: Honors Graduate.

God is so good... and merciful.

Friday noon I got the email from the school. My grades are in: HONORS LEVEL

Here is the breakdown of the scoring per exam section:

Objective: 99%
Transcription: 93%
Editing: 94%

Combined Transcription and Editing scores: 93%

The combined score is the one they use to determine your graduation standing. A score of 95% would have been High Honors, so I missed it by 2%.

I immediately emailed both my training program contact and my potential job contact. If the job contact required higher scoring prior to hiring, I would not hesitate to try again. However, she told me she thought the scores were "great" and to not "retake the exam" on her account.

I was quite happy to reply to the school's email to let them know that I would not be retaking the exam. [This way they could go ahead and process my certificate of graduation, which should get to me in 2-3 weeks.]

Personally, Honors level seems to be a more than respectable place from which to launch a career (especially when simply graduating is in itself a hallmark for respect), and it would prevent me from having to go through the exam non-submission problems that we just dealt with. [That is a meat-grinder that I am grateful to avoid.] Furthermore, it would allow me to focus on getting job-ready for entering the workforce rather than delaying it another 2 weeks.

Many thanks for your prayers!

On a funny note, a relative sent me the following photo in Facebook and told me to tell people that the 2% was "occupying the fridge". I got a HUGE laugh out of it and loved the photo! [Here shown. Photo credit unknown.]

[Side note: As this photo pertains to the ongoing unrest calling itself "Occupy Wall Street," I will simply say two things: 1.) I believe that people have the right to keep/use/enjoy what they earn. 2.) I have NEVER gotten a paycheck from a poor person/company.]

---------------------------------------

God bless & Godspeed

No comments: