Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Done... again. Waiting again.

Well, it's done...hopefully.

Good news: I got the same questions, and all my answers were still there. [I did, however, verify each of them.]

Bad news: Internet Explorer 8 still would not allow the send-button to send the exam to the grading team.

Solution: The support person said that Firefox 3.6 "should" work (nothing newer)... (just like IE8 "should" work).
...
Luck: I had Firefox 3.6 on my computer from when I used it at my old workplace. I quit using it because it didn't function with some of the stuff I was using, and the school course said that IE8 would work. [Well, for everything but the Final Exam, it did.]

Good news: It seems to have worked. The support staff checked their viewers and they could see answers, where before there was nothing. At this point, I can do nothing further, but they told me they would call if any other issues arise. [I made a point of telling the lady that I answered all of the questions, so if any show no answer -- CALL ME.]
------------------------------

At the same time, I just received a call from Mr. Squirrel. He passed his exam and is now a licensed bus driver! [Yippee!]

Unfortunately, the transportation director was not allowed to tell him if he got the job or not, so that call is still pending and still scheduled for some time today.

And so... we wait.

[See comments for updates.]

6 comments:

Mrs. Squirrel said...

AAARGH!

MORE ISSUES -- I'm now going to be allowed access to the exam again so I can take screen shots of the questions and my answers so they can grade it by hand.

"We've NEVER EVER had this happen to anyone before!"

I'm soooooooo lucky :-/

Mrs. Squirrel said...

One 43-page PDF file is on its way to Utah.

I cannot express the numbness I'm feeling right now. I hope the grades are good, I'm not sure I'd want to approach this game again to get higher scores or not.

P.S. We are also still waiting for Mr. Squirrel's call about whether or not he got the job.

We're both a bit on the ragged edge of this day's abundance of hiccups and gymnastics.

:P

Mrs. Squirrel said...

7:15pm last night, Mr. Squirrel finally got the call.

He did not get the job.

Apparently, the fellow who was just filling in for the route, who said he didn't want to do it anymore -- thus the job opening, decided that he did want the position after all.

I guess God has something else for Mr. Squirrel somewhere... I hope.

Odd note: He is now on the school's list for substitute teaching... and he is stil available for extra bussing duties should they arise.

P.S. After this call came in, I simply went to bed. I needed the day to END-END. I had had too much emotional turmoil for one day.

Wonder what today will bring?

Mrs. Squirrel said...

Oh... I forgot to mention what it took to get my exam submitted yesterday:

Six hours, four attempts, and two different browsers all failed to successfully submit my exam for grading. [Thus the PDF route.]

Providing we hit no more issues, my next contact with the school should be for the exam scores.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

OH MY GOODNESS! Praying for you both!

Julie

Mrs. Squirrel said...

Thanks VERY much!

There is actually some potentially GOOD options with Mr. Squirrel not getting the route. Without being locked into that specific task, he is free to be used for any other non-route bussing. [Sports events, field trips, etc.]

We still don't know how they would pay, but if it is hourly, he could make a lot more money on field trips and sporting events than on a route. [Because he is qualified to drive vehicles with air-brakes, he is qualified to drive team busses.]

I guess we will just have to wait and see where things shake out once the "messy part" of this storm blows over.

Many thanks for your prayers, and I still keep your family in mine!

Hugs!
-J