Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Done... now, we wait.

At 8:30am this morning, I turned in my Final Exam for grading. I now will be in limbo for the next 7-14 days until I receive an email from the school informing me of my scores.

Whew! I've got a surplus of twitchy energy now, so I am planning on some house cleaning today -- it REALLY needs it!

Exam as bad as expected? About equal. The exam was very intense & comprehensive, but the 48-hour window really helped. I had a good amount of time to research, verify, and review before hitting the submission-for-grading button at the end of the exam.

Bad speakers/recordings? 3 out of 6, but none were the REALLY bad guy whom I was dreading -- thank God -- and no mumblers! My randomly chosen transcription/editing reports ended up with just 2 ESL speakers (one sounded like Dr. Ruth). I did have one very speedy English speaker where the recording could not be slowed without demonic distortion of the voice (it happens sometimes, nothing you can do).

I will confess that I almost fainted at the get-go when I read the instructions: “The objective portion of the exam is open book. You may not use any resources, including human assistance, during the exam.”

When I contacted the Help Support for some questions on how to save my work when I exit (not really set up clearly for my brain at the time) I asked about the above instructions. They told me to copy the page and send it to Support for editing. [It is open book and we are allowed to use any resource EXCEPT human.]

Hmmm. I guess they could use an editor ;-)

Personally, I'll be glad for the next people in line not to feel their stomachs hit the floor like mind did :D

On another note: Mr. Squirrel is also taking an exam today. He's taking his driving test with the school's transportation director as well as the DOT driving exam. He was also told that they plan to hire someone by the end of the day on Friday of this week. 

As such, I am praying for "high honors" scoring for the entire Squirrel family today.

[See comments for updates.]
--------------------------------

God bless & Godspeed to one and all.

3 comments:

Mrs. Squirrel said...

Mr. Squirrel has his job interview with the school this afternoon!

Mrs. Squirrel said...

Mr. Squirrel's interview went well.

He was told that they would be making their recommendation to the school board by the end of the day (Friday). The board will vote on it Monday, and applicants will be notified on Tuesday.

Mrs. Squirrel said...

Saturday evening I got another contact with my own employment opportunity. It sounds like their need is rather urgent. Currently waiting on some answers about pay rate, etc.

This could be a new adventure into independant contracting and self-employment...

Finding it a bit scary to jump into this opportunity, but it would be a greater scare NOT to jump at this (financial) point in our lives.

More as I know, but this next week could be a very interesting one...