Saturday, July 23, 2011

Saturday musing...

Why is it that when you finally think you're getting ahead in the game, you suddenly realize that everyone else is about to lap you?

As I sit down in preparation for yet another school day, I am amazed at the passage of time. Things have gotten crazy-busy instead of settling down. 

I just want to ask: "Where is the pause button?"

I haven't even been able to make time to send out update emails to friends and family.  [I am such a snail.]

For those who check this blog, here is a quick snapshot of the chaos:

1.) Happy news: I am less than 20 reports from completing the transcription portion of my training (that will be 918 reports in total). When that is done, I will take the assessment exam for this last section (Advanced Acute Care). After that, I begin the Editing portion of the training.  I am hoping that it will go more quickly and smoothly, but I have underestimated this course at every step so far. So, we'll just have to wait and see what happens when I get there.

2. Happy news: Thanks to the rumor of some pending visitors, the living room has FINALLY been completely set up (...and how many months ago did we start this?). So, even if the guests are unable to cross paths with us, we have a very nice living space again!

3. Happy news: Mr. Squirrel has a job! He's been hired on with a local fellow to do some part-time carpentry work. I have no idea how many hours/week that means (for the start he will be REALLY busy), but he still has to leave some time to mow his mom's property (designated Mondays) and still work on his sermons.  I am praying that it all shakes into a workable schedule, quickly. This current job-project should last for at least a few weeks, and hopefully there will be more work after. [Mr. Squirrel is also researching some work-from-home computer support-type jobs, as well as some additional local work options... maybe God will provide something that would mesh together well for him.]

4. Transitional news (somewhat stressful): With Mr. Squirrel working again, I am faced with taking back some duties that I had thought I'd handed off. I'm just not sure how to juggle it all back together again, but it has to be done.

4. Transitional news (somewhat stressful): My unemployment benefits will be drying up very shortly and we are going through "assistance review" this next week. I'll be making an appointment on Monday to go in to see our caseworker. Hopefully, she can schedule me for a day when Mr. Squirrel can be there. He's better at explaining some things than I am. 

Fortunately, Mr. Squirrel's first paycheck should be available about the same time that my funds end.

God is good in His timing, but these faith-stretching exercises can be killer sometimes!
---------------------------------
God bless & Godspeed

No comments: